Known a lot of things piled in the front of eyes: the random files, scattered clothes, a needed phone call, an email need to handle. Though anxious enough, I have to talk to myself: just wait a minute, or do it tomorrow… It is typical procrastination, are you in?
From the survey of ‘Do you have procrastination or not’, 98% people admit, even some are very serious in procrastination:
‘I always do things until it is extremely urgent. For example, there is an exam after 2 weeks, and I always begin intense reviews 3 days in advance.
‘I am an engineer, but procrastinate in little things in life. Such as washing dishes long after dinner, washing clothes until there is no more to change…..
All they have one common point: they feel much anxious when they know the unfinished tasks, but they still leave it later or do it tomorrow till it is urgent to handle…
Wow, he has perfectly finished the work 2 weeks earlier than us; He left happily long time ago because he has handled all… Are you jealous? They can do, how about us?
It is not a disease, but an expression of lazy. So how to avoid procrastination, we can:
1. Know that the anxious in the procrastination is a torture to our emotion, not benefits.
2. Know the benefits of being proactive: we can create a wonderful career, better position and salary…..It is universal known that: The early bird will catch the worm.
3. Set a deadline to our work with strict supervision, never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
4. Make a thorough plan, decomposition and priority. Here we can use some efficient task organizer or to do list planner, once set well, we can know first thing first and handle one by one logically, not in a mass.
5. Set reminder. No matter for our personally or business life, we can focus on all the time, usually interrupted by an unexpected visit, phone call or others, right? So it is necessary to set an event reminder to balance the scheduled work and the unexpected.
6. Persevere is the most important thing in long-term change.
7. Learn more ways to relax the burden of head and make it run faster and more efficient.